IF YOU ARE IN CRISIS OR EMOTIONAL DISTRESS PLEASE CALL
COM-CARE Crisis: 316 660 7500
NATIONAL SUICIDE HOTLINE: 800 273 8255
NATIONAL SUICIDE TEXT: 741741
If you have a mental illness, you are not alone!
One in five American adults will have a mental illness during their lifetime that is severe enough to require treatment. Many more have problems that prevent them from enjoying their lives. We are here to stand by you as you find help, hope, and recovery. Fortunately, effective treatments are now available for many mental illnesses. Unfortunately, most people do not seek help. Many wrongly believe their symptoms are their own fault or are caused by personal weakness. They think if they try hard enough they can overcome their problems by themselves, and they suffer unnecessarily.
NAMI Wichita would like to reassure you that you are not alone. There are many others who have shared questions, anxieties and experiences similar to yours. NAMI Wichita supports not only those living with a mental illness but also the loved ones that stand behind them. Join and help us secure a better quality of life for all who are effected by a mental illness.
NAMI Wichita, Kansas is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. Dues and donations are tax deductible.
- 04868 North Maize Road, Wichita, KS, United States
- 051010 North Main Street, Wichita, KS, USAOfficers and Board of Directors:President – David PetersonVice President – Officer James HookSecretary – Dan SmadingTreasurer – Richard MorleyBoard Members at Large – Barbara Andres, Brittany Brest, David E Larson, Laura Rosenbaum, Rommy Vargas, Bernestine Williams
- 061710 W Douglas Ave, Wichita, KS, United States
- 061718 West Douglas Avenue, Wichita, KS 67203, United States
Our next Peer-to-Peer Class
Starting Date: August 30th, 2017 Ending Date: November 1st, 2017 Time: 10:00 am – Noon
New Covenant United Methodist Church 1718 W. Douglas (Delano District) Wichita, KS 67203
- 11868 North Maize Road, Wichita, KS, United States