What is Peer-to-Peer
NAMI Peer-to-Peer is a free, ten week course providing education and support to adults living with and recovering from mental illness. This class is sponsored by NAMI Wichita and we highly encourage those living with a serious mental illness to attend.
During the class, our instructors will present critical information and strategies related to living with a mental illness. Through presentations, discussion, interactive exercises and guest speakers, participants will learn the following:
- Up-to-date research on brain biology.
- Mental illness symptoms and their relationship to personal experiences.
- Personalized relapse prevention plan.
- Tools to prepare for interactions with health care providers.
- Skills for making decisions and reducing stress.
- Wisdom from shared experiences
Our instructors are individuals living in recovery from mental illness. They have lived similar experiences that you find yourself in now. They strive to provide each participant hope and support in navigating this difficult journey.