What is NAMI Basics?
- Range of mental illnesses and their impact on the brain.
- Current research on treatments Preparation for interactions with the mental health care system, school system, and juvenile justice systems.
- Skills to manage crises, solving problems, and communicating effectively.
- Strategies for self-care and for navigating the challenges facing each family member.
- Empowerment as an effective advocate for your child.
Resources Specific to Families of Children with Mental Illness
NAMI’s Medical Director, Dr. Ken Duckworth, answers a few of the most commonly asked questions by parents and other caregivers of children and adolescents with mental illness. View the video's!
Search and learn from over 8,000 videos from top experts and parents, include NAMI's Medical Director, Dr. Ken Duckworth.
Having a record keeping system for all of the information and documents about your child's health, treatment plan, IEP information, etc is important in your job as an advocate for your child.
Information for parents and caregivers provided by NAMI.
Our next Basics Class
Starting Date: June 2nd
(And following Sundays excluding Father's Day on June 16th)
Ending Date: July 14th
Time: 3:00pm to 5:30 pm